The very lovely Abigail from Abigal’s Books nominated me for this award among several others ❤ Thank you so much Abi!
So, what is The Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to bloggers who are creative, positive, and inspiring. Once nominated, the blogger is required to write a post in which they:
- Thank the blogger who nominated them and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated them.
- Nominate 11 other blogs and give them 11 new questions to answer.
- Notify your nominees and display the Sunshine Blogger Award in your post.
My Answers to Abigail’s Questions
- Why do you read?
This is such a tough question to answer. I usually say that reading is my ‘escape’ from the real life, but now, I want to explore this question a bit further and see what exactly pushes me to read.
I read because it is therapeutic for me. I read because when I get into the world created by a book, I can forget about my own life, my struggles, my anxiety and depressions and enter the character’s mind. I read because it gives me hope that after the dark nights come the brighter days. I read so that I may live an alternate life, if only for a brief period. I read because I want to 🙂
- What got you into reading?
When I recall memories of the time when I was a young, impressionable child, I remember that I was always fascinated by words. I loved to read aloud and see how each word sounded. As strange as this may sound, it is true. I have always been fascinated by the English language. So, I think that played a massive part in my development as a reader. A book that really got me into the reading I do now is ‘The Silver Chair’ by C.S. Lewis.
- What do you like most about blogging?
There are many things I like about blogging: interaction with the community, being able to talk about books etc. But, if you ask me about what I like most about blogging, it would have to be the fact that blogging gives me my own voice. It gives me the space that I crave. It is something that I can really call my own. So, the aspect of blogging that I love the most is being able to have my own space to share my thoughts.
- What’s your favourite movie?
That’s a toughie! Rather than giving you a clichéd answer and going with Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone, I would like to go with Jumanji!
- Do you play any sports? If not what do you do outside of reading?
I don’t really have a life outside of reading! If I am not reading, I am probably scrolling through my twitter timeline. Yeah, my life is just that boring! But but, I do love playing chess and badminton (Spolier alert: I suck at both).
- Do you prefer hardcovers, paperback, e-books, or audiobooks? Why?
Hmm… you know what? I will just arrange them according to my preference:
Hardcovers > Paperbacks > E-books > Audiobooks. Now, comes the ‘why’. Well, like any other book nerd out there I have a special preference for physical books. In physical books, I like hardcovers more because they are aesthetically pleasing to me, the hard bound spine lures me in ways you can’t imagine 😛 Paperbacks are good too and since they are a form of physical book, they come before e-books. Tbh, e-books are rather under-rated and being an international book blogger, I appreciate them very much. I haven’t really tried audiobooks and I don’t think I ever will. I have nothing against them, I just cannot concentrate on the mere task of listening. I am terrible at that which is the reason why I rarely listen to podcasts. I salute all those people who can listen and comprehend audiobooks!
- Do you like to snack when you read? If so what’s your favorite snack of choice?
I don’t snack while reading. I am not a multi-tasker and I cannot carry out even the simple act of eating while reading! I always put my book down, finish eating whatever I want to have and then continue.
- Tea or coffee?
Both! I love me some good tea but I cannot let go of coffee either!
- What’s your favorite type of blog post to write?
Though I haven’t written many of them, my favourite type of blog posts are discussion posts.
- Do you like non-fiction or fiction more?
- What do you want for a career? (it’s okay not to know)
I really don’t know… I wish I knew what I wanted, but I don’t. It’s not like I have no idea where my life is going, though that may be true to a certain extent. I just haven’t laid down a concrete plan. I am very impulsive and easily swayed, so you never know what I might end up doing!
Hope I didn’t bore you all with my answers 🙂
Beth @About A Book Club
Kayla @Behind These Brown Eyes
Mariam @The Bookish Wormy
Rejitha @Book Bug World
Sam @The Pen In My Pocket
Cheyenne @Cheyenne Readers
Noly @The Artsy Reader
Jen @Jen D Bibliophile
Kaysie @Blessedly Bookish
Kalina @Kalina’s Book Blog
I have tried nominating smaller bloggers whom I recently discovered. As always, please don’t feel compelled to write a post if you don’t want to.
If you want to be nominated in future tags, let me know in the comments or just give me a heads up via a DM on twitter 🙃
- Why did you start your blog?
- How are you finding blogging so far? Are you enjoying it?
- What is something that you want to know more about, in terms of blogging?
- Have you received any ARC’s or Advanced Reading Copies? If yes, can you tell us the name of the first ARC you received.
- Your top 3 favourite book bloggers?
- What was the last thing you ate?
- Which book made you cry your heart out?
- If you could, what would you change in your favourite book?
- Who is your favourite bookish character and why?
- Which trope: love triangle or unrequited love?
- Would you describe yourself as an introvert, ambivert or extrovert?
I hope you have a good time answering these questions 😁