To be quite honest, I was dreading the end of this month! Sure, it was hectic and sucked all my life but it was equally fun and tickled my imagination in various ways. Doing Blogtober was perhaps the best decision I could have taken for my blog. In the past month, I have learned so much- blogging wise at least, and have made so many new friends ❤ I excelled at something I thought I probably would never be able to do aka discussion posts and have reached closer to my goal of 500 followers before 2019! Yay me!
Now, for the sake of my sanity, I have decided to limit the number of posts to 3 to 4 per week. I haven’t finalised a schedule yet but will probably have it figured out by next week.
Oh, and an important announcement: I have worked really hard the past month and hence your gal needs a break! The next post on the blog will be up on Sunday (EDIT: 11th November), but that doesn’t mean you can’t visit. You can catch up on my Blogtober posts until then. See, I care for you soooo much ❤
Let’s talk a little about my real life (like I have one 😂). As per usual, there have been no exciting or for that matter any kind of occurrences! All I have probably done is to post all month. I haven’t looked into those ‘online courses’ I talked about in my previous wrap-up hides face in shame but I promise I will this month! The Arabic-learning front hasn’t witnessed any great progress It is a hard language to learn! Despite having lived all my life in Saudi Arabia, I am still not able to grapple the basics. I am pathetic 😭.
Normally, this would be the part where I show you my stats but since October hasn’t officially ended, I will delay that and tell you about it in the Sunday Post. It has been one great month!
Let’s do the catching up!
Month In Review – October
— Books Read And Reviewed —
If you remember my October TBR post, you will know that there is just one book from that list on here! See, this is why I never make TBR lists! I had every intention of following that list but things happened… I reviewed all of them except ‘Break’ and I am sure you all know that my favourite read of the month was ‘Flow’. I have been all over the place letting people know that!
- The Man You Meet In Heaven – Debbie Viggiano: Left me a bit disappointed and wasn’t what I expected. Unique story, would have enjoyed it at another time.
- Flow (Flow #1): In love with this one!
- Fromage a Trois: Cute contemporary with a cheesy Parisian twist!
- Peas, Carrots and An Aston Martin: Loved her debut, not sure about this one.
— Favourite Posts Of The Month! —
There were a lot of posts this month: discussions, reviews, tags and what not! While I enjoyed writing every one of them, there were some that I am particularly proud of 😀
Here’s a round-up of my favs:
- You Are Not Good Enough – Harry Potter Edition: Ah, this one was so fun to do! A lot of effort also went into this because I had an epiphany moment and decided to take the post up a notch by including pics and going extra af!
- 5 Things YA Contemporary Novels Need More Of: The best discussion post I have done till date! This one received a lot of attention and I was extremely happy to see that people agreed with my opinions. If you do decide to hop on, do take a look at the comments section too 🙂
- My Top 5 Favourite Genres: I was so confused when I wrote this post! I couldn’t decide on what to say. This was essentially a last minute post but man, did it turn out good!
- What Am I Afraid Of?: This post was inspired by Jenniely’s prompts for Blogtober! I listed 5 (out of a 1000 maybe) things/stuff/situations/objects/animals I am afraid of!
- Getting Myself Sorted Into My Hogwarts House (Again!): I had to include this one, of course! There can never be enough Harry Potter themed posts on my blog! This post is what it says because I suck at coming up with good post titles, I re-do the entire thing and find out my wand and all from Pottermore! Things have changed…
— The Rest —
- Autumn Is The Best Time of the Year!
- 5 Signs You Are A Geek!
- Mid-Month Musings!
- What Does My Handwriting Reveal About My Personality? #2
- Spells I Wish I Could Cast (HP Edition)
- Around The World #9: Lebanon– Courtesy of Mariam from The Bookish Wormy!
- Around The World #10: Wales– Courtesy of Danielle from W Books n Thoughts!
- Interview with Hannah Lynn
- Interview with Elaine Charal- What Does My Handwriting Reveal About My Personality? #1
- Interview with Julie Coons
— That Is A Wrap —
How was your month? What was the highlight of October for you?